The Church of God, a Worldwide Association, has made its second e-book available free on its website.
ORLANDO, FL, May 6, 2011—As part of its mission to proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God, the Church of God, a Worldwide Association, has released its second web booklet, titled From Holidays to Holy Days: God’s Plan for You.
The e-book begins with a summary of its purpose: “Why do the customs and celebrations of the major ‘Christian’ holidays have so little connection to the actual events of the Bible? Which of today’s holidays are even taught in the Bible? What religious festivals did the early New Testament Church celebrate, and what did they mean to them? And most important, what do the festivals of the Bible mean for you today? God’s overlooked festivals reveal a vast eternal plan few have ever truly appreciated!”
From Holidays to Holy Days: God’s Plan for You explores the biblical answers to difficult questions such as:
- Why is there so much suffering in the world?
- Why did Jesus have to die?
- Since He did give His life, how does He want us to respond?
- Where is God working today?
- How will He save this world from total destruction?
- What is the source of evil in the world, and how can it be neutralized?
- What is the way to real, lasting peace?
- What will happen to those billions of people who have never even heard of Jesus Christ and those who’ve never understood who He is and what He offers?
The chapters and sidebars of this concise and beautifully illustrated e-book include:
- Christmas: What Would Christ Want You to Do for His Birthday?
- The Origins of New Year’s Day
- Do Good Friday and Easter Sunday Shroud the Truth of Christ’s Crucifixion and Resurrection?
- Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?
- What About National Holidays Like Thanksgiving, Purim and Hanukkah?
- What Festivals Does God Want Us to Celebrate?
- The Passover: What Did Jesus Do for You?
- The Feast of Unleavened Bread: Pursuing a Life of Righteousness
- Pentecost: God Gives the Holy Spirit
- The Feast of Trumpets: Alarm of War, Announcement of Peace
- The Day of Atonement: Removing the Last Enemy; Reconciling All to God
- The Feast of Tabernacles: A Bountiful Harvest
- The Eighth Day: The Final Harvest
- A Calendar of God’s Annual Festivals
Mike Bennett, the author of From Holidays to Holy Days: God’s Plan for You, said, “Some Christians will be surprised by studying what the Bible actually says about the celebrations the New Testament Church participated in, and the meanings of these festivals that have been lost over the centuries. The outline of the plan of God reenacted in these biblical festivals is inspiring and life changing!”
This e-book is the second of several planned publications covering important biblical subjects. The e-book is available in an e-book reader format, as well as a PDF for downloading. You can find From Holidays to Holy Days: God’s Plan for You at http://cogwa.org/guidance/booklets.
About the Church of God, a Worldwide Association:
The Church of God, a Worldwide Association (http://cogwa.org), is a vibrant and mission-driven community of Christian believers living throughout the world. Its mission is to preach the gospel of the Kingdom of God and make disciples from among those whom God calls. Its values are developed from those of the New Testament Church and are based on both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. For more about the Church of God, a Worldwide Association, see “About Us” at http://cogwa.org/about.
Church of God, a Worldwide Association